America is still in the grips of the COVID19 “disaster.” I’m optimistic that we’ll come through this and eventually all be better off, but it’s going to take time.
Some things that are comforting to me:
- Reading –some books I’m reading now (rereading Where the Crawdads Sing) and for “popcorn” reading, C.J. Box mysteries–also books I’ve bought for my Kindle by Sisters in Crime writers (hoping to learn a things or two).
- Cooking. Esp noodle dishes, (no bread–I’d eat it all), salmon dishes, mexican dishes & this new recipe my daughter gave me for “funeral potatoes,” which has hash browns, sour cream, cream, onion and lots of cheese.
- Keeping up with children and grandchildren.
- Helping my husband get through this–he’s a business owner and loves his office, and now goes in by himself as his employees work at home.
- Realizing how lucky I am and my family is. Gratitude!
I hope this finds you and yours healthy and happy!