I was Wasting time the other day while trying to clear “writer’s block.” So of course, I turned to the convenient Internet where I learned that 1) there’s no such thing as “writer’s block” and 2) many people are much more focused than I am, and 3) I was wasting time surfing the Internet.
I also made a list of statements I hated to hear from other writers:
- I never use an outline–the plot just comes to me.
- The Universe sends me my inspiration & I run with it.
- My characters lead the way–they tell me what to write down.
- I finish a first draft in 3 months.
- I never have to edit–it comes out right the first time (or second time).
- I sold my first book after fewer than 10 queries.
- Other writers ask me to review their books (all the time).
- It took me 5 years to write my book.
- It took me 3 months to write my book and 5 to get it published.
Leave a Reply